Patient Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right to:
- Effective communication, to know what is going on. If you do not know, ask questions until you are sure you understand.
- Be interviewed and counseled about personal matters in a private office.
- Know why certain information is wanted, needed, or asked for.
- Consent in advance to any visits made to your home.
- Expect that your medical records will not be given to anyone without your permission.
- Expect that your case will only be discussed with those involved in your care.
- Know what the provider has found as a result of examining you, and any anticipated outcomes.
- Know about any medication or treatment that the provider believes you should have.
- Accept or refuse any medication or treatment.
- Be treated with respect and dignity as an individual person, having your cultural, spiritual, psychosocial values and beliefs respected.
- Make known to members of the board of directors, or administration any problems encountered during a visit to the health center. If the organization cannot address your concerns, you are encouraged to contact the SOUTHEAST COMPLIANCE HOTLINE at 855-368-6272 or email@example.com.
- Be free from abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Expect pain management considerations.
- Patients are encouraged to choose a provider of record as their primary care provider to optimize continuity of care.
Advance Directive Acknowledgement
- I have been given written material about my right to accept and refuse medical treatments.
- I have been informed of my right to Formulate Advance Directives.
- I understand that I am not required to have an Advance Directive in order to receive medical treatment at this health care facility.
- I understand that Southeast Community Health Systems does not honor Advance Directives. In the event of a medical emergency during the clinic visit, first aid measures will be provided, 911 called and hospital transfer initiated.