If you have any questions please email them to email@example.com
Click here to view the eCW Healow - TeleVisits Patient Workflow
Telemedicine allows patients access to medical care using audio-video interface such as videoconferencing. For the purposes of this consent form, all treatment is referring to medical care.
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
A licensed health care professional who can adequately and accurately assist with access to medical records, orders, and emergency patient care will be in the examination room with the patient at all times that the patient is receiving telemedicine services.
- Continuity of care with same healthcare provider.
- Improved access to medical care.
- Obtaining expertise of a distant specialist.
- In rare cases, information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g., poor resolution of images) to allow for appropriate medical decision making by the consultant.
- Delays in evaluation and treatment could occur due to equipment failure.
- In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information. To prevent this from occurring, the software that is being used is compliant with HIPAA standards and employs a firewall, router, and VPN-based access controls to secure the private-service networks and backend servers.